Tuesday, April 26, 2016

[My two cents on... Cinder] « It was not her fault he had liked her. It was not her fault she was a cyborg. She would not apologize. »

Good afternoon, how are you?

I'm quite fine despite the fact that some things came up during the week end. But I'm not here to talk about this. 
I finally read my first novel in English and I want to try to talk about it. :)
Usually when I write about books on my Italian blog, I put also informations and synopsis about it before my comment, so I'll do the same thing here too. Happy reading!

INFO

Title: Cinder
Series: The Lunar Chronicles # 1
Author: Marissa Meyer
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 387
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Penguin Books Ldt
Year: 2012
Price:  £ 6.99



SYNOPSIS

A forbidden romance. A deadly plague. Earth's fate hinges on one girl ...CINDER, a gifted mechanic in New Beijing, is also a cyborg. But when her life becomes entwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she finds herself at the centre of a violent struggle between the desires of an evil queen - and a dangerous temptation.

MY RATE:


MY TWO CENTS ON THE BOOK:

I just finished this book and honestly I don't know what I could possibily write about it to give back to the title what he gave to me while I was reading it.

I'm not a person who love fairy tales and stuff like that but instead I'm a person who loves fantasy stories and forbidden loves, so I couldn't exempt myself from give at least a try to the story and see what could possibly happen.

I procrastineted while I was reading this book, mostly because the rythm was pretty quiet and slow, although some things helped to make Cinder a really good story, more than enjoyable.  
The plot doesn't have much twists, but somehow the character are able to manage this con, and put it in a fresh prospective to the people who are reading, making it less annoying than how could it be. 
No lies tough, Cinder has downsides but, at least in my opinion, those aren't the most important part of the story, nor they made it less intriguing and enjoyable. 

The story recounted in Cinder is mesmerizing and has the ability to drag the reader into this world devasted by a plague but yet, still fascinating and kinda magic.
Cinder, the main character that walks in this world so fascinating and (apparently) hopeless at the same time, is a cyborg that has the chance to discover one of the most human feelings that we can feel: love. Her love is unfortunately forbidden, because there's no way that a prince like Kaito could possibily be in love with a monstruosity like her; maybe. Cinder ignores the fact that, at least in books, love doesn't put this kind of things on the podium of the most important things when it comes to a love relationship. 

Cinder's story is not just a painting of a forbidden love between a royal human and a cyborg mechanic, but also a hymn to friendship, another magic feeling so rare and precious, and a story of how sometimes you just have to break over boundaries to do something that maybe you couldn't think you will be capable of.  
This story trapped me every time that I tried to read a few chapters because, even if the plot twists can be obvious most of the time, I simply didn't care of its cons and enjoyed every sentence, every page, until the final dot of the book that made me say And now how am I supposed to wait until I'll buy Scarlet? But that's a story for another time. :P I was trying to say that, even if the story isn't the most original plot that I've ever read of, it still remains a really good story that can mesmerize without doing stupid things for being more special than how actually is. 

I really enjoyed this title even if it was hard for me, because I've never read anything in English and this author kinda gave me a hell of a time, mostly because I've never encountered a lot of words that were in this book. I still managed this inconvenient and that gave me the opportunity to be more confident in myself and enjoy a very good story. 
I'll defenitely read the other books of the series, hoping that at least Scarlet will do better that Cinder, even if this one was capable of tear down my own prejudices. 

 
Have you read this book? What do you think of it? Let me know in the comment section belove!

Happy reading,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment