Thursday, April 14, 2016

Overcoming the fear of reading English books. (And other thoughts)

Hi there! 

How are you today? I'm quite fine if I don't pay too much attention to my neck ache. But I'm not here to talk about this. 

I finally decided to face my fears of starting reading a book in English just by doing it. I know, that's what you always have to do when you want to overcome a fear or something similar, but if you don't have self-esteem like me, the decision can be quite difficult. 
Anyhow, I have done it starting Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I can't say that I understand every single word that I find but at least I can understand what I read, even if I check some unknown words on the dictionary. Despite that I still have some difficulties to get into the story but it's only a matter of time, I'm sure of it.

In my shelf I have a lot of books and half-a-score of them are in English. Despite that I've never tried to pick one of those titles and at least give it a try, mostly because I've never thought that I would be capable of understand what I read or something completely different like talking via Skype with a motherlanguage


I've lived my life with so much fears that I can barely count them. I have fear of loud noises and ballons, although if I'm trying to fight the last one, and this is just the biggest one. But I'm a different person now, so I know that I have to try new things in order to know if I can do those things, if I like them or not. 

This post is something that came up unexpected, so even I don't know what write but somehow I know that I need to put on 'paper' what I feel, even if they're just random thoughts. Infact I'm not in the right mood to think clearly. I have a lot of stuff that comes to my mind; maybe it's also because I think too much, even for small things. 

Well, for now it's better to stop instead of going on saying nonsense, so we'll see when I'll post the book thoughts on Cinder
 If you want leave a comment or a suggestion. I'll really appreciate it. :)

 Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment